We are committed to protecting your privacy regarding any information we may collect while visiting our website. Keeping the information you share with us on the site, secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use and maintain your information is important to us at St George’s Cathedral. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and while no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your information. We continually assess new technology for protecting information and, when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
Although your privacy is very important to us, in this legal and technical environment, we cannot fully ensure that your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. Please see “Disclosure to Third Parties”, below, for more information.
This Privacy Statement is intended to explain our privacy practices and inform you as to:
- the kinds of information we collect from users of the site and how that information is collected;
- how we use the information;
- the circumstances under which we disclose information to third parties;
- how you can access, update or delete any information collected about you by us; and
- the mechanisms we have implemented to protect your personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information
When we use the term “personally identifiable information” we mean information such as your full name, street address, town or city, state, post code, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, IP address and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personally identifiable information also includes information about your transactions or relationship with us, if you have been a customer or you have provided this type of information. For example, if you make a purchase or donation on our site, in addition to your name and contact information, we will also collect and maintain your billing address, image selections, your order number and information about your computer’s internet address and website which may have referred or directed you to the site (e.g., the referring URL). We collect this and other information to communicate with you and to send you promotional materials.
We may use your personally identifiable information to advise you about activities associated with St George’s Cathedral.
Third Parties on our site
Our site may contain advertisements, references and links to other websites and organisations. You should be aware that different rules may apply to the collection, use or disclosure of your information by third parties in connection with their advertisements, promotions and other websites you encounter on the internet. The use of such technology by these third parties is within their control and not ours, and even if we have a relationship with the third party, we do not control those sites or their policies and practices regarding your information and we encourage you to investigate and ask questions directly of them in this regard.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, St George’s Cathedral uses good faith efforts not to provide third parties with access to your personally identifiable information. We will, however, make your personally identifiable information available to others:
- when we have your consent to do so, in which case their use of your information is subject to their own privacy policies;
- when we have retained companies to work with or on behalf of St George’s Cathedral to provide products, goods or services that you have requested;
- when we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- if we believe your actions violate any law, regulation, any of our guidelines for promotions, product offerings or any other features or functions of the site, or if you threaten the rights, property or safety of St George’s Cathedral, its suppliers, advertisers, other customers or users, or any other party; or
- as and when we, in our sole discretion, believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our organisation and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
It is also possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
We do not sell or market your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated organisations.
Communications from us
If you provide us with your e-mail address, we may occasionally send you emails or e-newsletters notifying you about events and services at the Cathedral or other news relevant for you or the community.
Our privacy guidelines are designed to ensure that we:
- collect and use your personally identifiable information only as necessary to deliver high quality service, to administer our organisation and to let you know of the ministry and outreach of St George’s Cathedral;
- protect the personally identifiable information the site’s users share with us, maintaining strict standards of security and confidentiality. In this regard we even limit access by our own employees and volunteers to those individuals who are trained and advised in the proper handling of such information and any employee or volunteer found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes;
- not disclose your personally identifiable information to any external organisation, except as we have described in this Privacy Statement or unless we have previously obtained your consent;
- require any other organisation that we retain or engage to provide services for us, to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance;
- exchange information about you and carry out credit approvals or checks necessary for your purchases of products from us, to prevent fraud and any other activities we may be required to monitor and report under applicable laws and regulations; and
- make every effort to keep your personally identifiable information complete, up to date, and accurate based on the information you provide us.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on this website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this website; or
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by St George’s Cathedral at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on this website are provided “as is”. St George’s Cathedral makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, St George’s Cathedral does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall St George’s Cathedral or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this website, even if St George’s Cathedral or a St George’s Cathedral authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. St George’s Cathedral does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. St George’s Cathedral may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. St George’s Cathedral does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
St George’s Cathedral has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by St George’s Cathedral of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Any claim relating to St George’s Cathedral’s website shall be governed by the laws of Western Australia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
If there are any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or Terms and Conditions you may contact the Cathedral Office using the information below:
St George’s Cathedral
ABN: 42 859 078 945
Address: 38 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Telephone: +61 (0)8 9325 5766